Monday, November 22, 2010

On The Road Again!

Seven months almost  to the day since my last entry.  I had a wonderful summer in the one of the greatest areas of this country - Home- The upper peninsula of Michigan- Crystal  Falls, Mi to be exact.  The months between April and now November have flown and here we are back on the road again.  This winter we are leaving  almost 6 weeks sooner than last year.  We wanted to get out of the cold, snow, freezing rain before it hit.  Well, we didn't quite make it.  Yesterday we awoke to a sparkly frozen yard, trees and driveway.  A light coating of drizzle had fallen and frozen into place.  I decided we were going to make it out of the county as planned so sprinkled about 3 gallons of ice salt onto my rather steep asphalted driveway so that Richard could drive the motor home up and into the drive.  I do believe I put enough salt on the ground to probably start melting the icebergs.  No ice  on the driveway this morning but mist continued to fall as we pulled out of Crystal Falls.  We are  now in Mackinac City below the Mackinac Bridge for the night.  As we began the crossing it was pouring rain.  I do not like to cross that bridge in a car let alone the motor home and I was prepared to white knuckle it the whole 5 miles.  Richard, bright, sensitive  man that he is, ( who has experienced my panic on mountain roads last winter) suggested I take some pictures of the lighted bridge at dusk .  I hauled out the camera and was so engrossed with the act of picture taking that I never had time to even think about my fear of crossing the bridge.  We are safely and comfortably settled in a motel for the night and will see what the morrow brings as far as continuing the drive south to my son's in Dexter, Mi for Thanksgiving.  Our initial destination to begin camping will be in the Florida Keys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment