Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday - clean, warmer and getting organized!




I must begin today's entry with an apology. I stated yesterday that I wondered how anyone could ever live in Oklahoma as it was so flat and uninteresting. I must amend that statement. The land is wide open and you can see for miles around and yes, it is very windy, but even so there is beauty in open spaces if you look carefully. Also, the people I came into contact with yesterday were so open and friendly and helpful. I think that compared to the beauty I personally find in the UP, it is hard to find other places as beautiful but our country holds many varieties of beauty, they are neither good or bad, simply different. That being said, I still think the UP holds sway over all that I have seen so far in our travels south into Texas.




We left Oklahoma this morning and crossed into Texas with snow still on the ground in places and little bodies of water frozen. It was cold by Texas standards but still felt a little warmer then where we had driven from. Our goal today was to find a car/truck wash facility that could accommodate the 30 foot long and 12 feet high camper. You would think with so much truck travel across the US truck wash areas would abound. Not so. We finally located one on the north side of Waco, Texas and washed off all the salt and debris that had accumulated since we left home last Thursday, the 7Th. I think we are actually getting better gas mileage now that it is clean!! It is warm enough (for us) to start organizing things in the camper and getting ready to call it home soon. Hopefully, we will reach our destination of South Padre Island area tomorrow and set up camp, flush out the antifreeze from the fresh water holding system and make it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment