Friday, January 15, 2010

The Perfect Storm!







We had a storm last night the likes of which I have never ever experienced before. I am used to the usual thunder and lightening and a whisper of wind that we normally experience in June or July in the UP. Last night was unbelievable! The thunder and lightening began normally enough but soon raged into sounds I have never heard or felt before. I say felt because the ground and camper actually shook with the bolts of lightening and booms of the thunder. It was deafening! It didn't last 20 minutes as it does at home but continued for 2 - 3 hours continually becoming louder and more violent. Then when we didn't think it could get any worse the wind and rain started whipping the camper from side to side. I actually thought we had fast forwarded into hurricane season. Richard, after a couple of jumps had no trouble sleeping through the night. I, on the other hand, started to imagine the camper tipping over, or other people's satellite dishes slamming into our camper - all kinds of crazy fearful thoughts. I finally fitfully fell asleep and awoke to about 4 inches of water under and around all the trailer/campers in the park. It continued to rain off and on throughout today. I manged to get down to the beach for some stormy photos of the Gulf, and of course, our neighbor camper trying to get rid of the water around his camper and, ah.......crap caddy. (Black water hauler)
Oh, by the way, I made whole wheat bread today in the camper!! Hey, it was raining, what else can one do?????

No comments:

Post a Comment